Output of .html in V5 Coolmax (instead of .htm)

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

bcgrossm

Output of .html in V5 Coolmax (instead of .htm)

Unread post by bcgrossm »

In my HuM project, the "Publishing Options > Webhelp > HTML Export Options" are set to:

Extension for HTML files: .htm (which leads to index.html and <topic>.htm in my old theme)

However, when I publish with V5 Coolmax, the topics are also output as .html (which will break people's old bookmarks). I cannot find any option in the theme itself to change this?

Looking forward for a tip.

All the best, Birgit
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Output of .html in V5 Coolmax (instead of .htm)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Birgit,

In the V3-V5 Premium Pack skins the index.html file is actually a regular topic file, just like all the others (it's the default topic). Because of this, it's very important that this file and all the other topic files have the same extension (.htm, .html or .php). And because it's so important, these skins don't use the extension setting in the HTML export options, because then it would be possible for the user to set something different for the main index.html file when publishing, and that would cause errors.

So instead, all the output files automatically use the extension that you set for index.html in the Publish screen. So all you need to do is to set the output file there to either index.html or index.htm, and all the topic files will follow automatically. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
bcgrossm

Re: Output of .html in V5 Coolmax (instead of .htm)

Unread post by bcgrossm »

Thanks so much for the quick explanation :)

I guess then I'll keep the index.html stable and go with .html for all.