Getting rid of topnav/subnav in V5 Coolmax

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

bcgrossm

Getting rid of topnav/subnav in V5 Coolmax

Unread post by bcgrossm »

Currently I set the settings so that the topnav is hidden.

However, it's still in every page and the subnav section actually shows up in the Silktide accessibility checker as complaint.

What would be the best way to completely remove the topnav? (Maybe I missed the correct option.)

Thanks a lot, Birgit
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Getting rid of topnav/subnav in V5 Coolmax

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Birgit,

Edit the skin in Toolbox and choose the Header & Footer variables group. Then change the value of the HEADER_MENU_TYPE variable to HM_NOMENU. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
bcgrossm

Thanks a lot for this answer, I could switch it off.

Now I have a last question - when I press ALT+H, there is still a page header with Help+Manual Design.
How could this be switched off completely?

Thanks in advance, Birgit
Tim Green
Site Admin

bcgrossm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:55 pm Now I have a last question - when I press ALT+H, there is still a page header with Help+Manual Design.
How could this be switched off completely?
The content there is just a placeholder for your own content. It would be better to put in your own logo with link to your main page etc., instead of just throwing away this option completely. All the settings for this are in the Header & Footer variables group. You can add your own images for the logo and background image to the skin baggage, and then enter your URL for the logo and other settings in the other configuration variables. There is also popup help for all the settings.

If you do want to completely disable the header, select the Skin Options button and activate both OPT_PAGEHEAD_CLOSED and OPT_NOHEADERCONTROLS. Then the page header will remain closed and the user will not be able to open it.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
bcgrossm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Interestingly, when using the help on my Android mobile in horizontal format, the page header is visible.

I've now added our company logo and a white background just to be on the safe side, while still having removed the ALT+H information from the keyboard info. So usually the page header is not visible unless someone types this by accident, or uses the mobile version.

All the best, Birgit
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Birgit,
bcgrossm wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:20 pm Interestingly, when using the help on my Android mobile in horizontal format, the page header is visible.
Is that a phone or a tablet? What browser are you using? Some non-Chrome browsers on Android can behave strangely. On Samsung devices in particular it's generally better to set Chrome as the default browser and never use the Samsung browser.
Regards,

Private support:
bcgrossm

Yes, it's a Samsung standard browser on a mobile phone.
Well, the behavior is now "good enough" for us :)

Thanks for the support, I learned a lot about the PP!