Text toggle that displays a screenshot ?

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Olivier Beltrami

Text toggle that displays a screenshot ?

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hello,

I would like to have a text toggle (ie. the toggle is based on text) that displays a screenshot when clicked on.
I could not find a way to achieve this. Is this possible ?
Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Text toggle that displays a screenshot ?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olivier,

This is easy to to because the link for dropdown text toggles is not a paragraph. Create the toggle, put your screenshot in the toggle table, then move the toggle link into the paragraph above the toggle table. There can also be one paragraph (preferably empty) between the paragraph containing the toggle link and the toggle table, but not more than one. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Olivier Beltrami

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I was hoping to get a "middle-of-the-screen" popup of the screenshot as happens in an image toggle, rather than an "inline-with-text" appearance, as happens for text toggles (my text links will be in the middle of a bulleted paragraph). Is this possible ?

Very best regards,

Olivier
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Olivier Beltrami wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm I was hoping to get a "middle-of-the-screen" popup of the screenshot as happens in an image toggle, rather than an "inline-with-text" appearance, as happens for text toggles (my text links will be in the middle of a bulleted paragraph). Is this possible ?
Not with a text link, because the image toggle requires an image as a link. What you can do is choose the "When collapsed use different settings" option in the Image Toggle dialog and choose a small icon as the link. Then put that in the flow of your text. This will work with the standard skins included with Help+Manual, but with the V3-V5 Premium Pack skins it will currently display the icon larger than intended because of the magnifying glass icon overlay. That is something that would need to be updated in the Premium Pack. I'll make a note of it for the future, but it won't be available at short notice.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.