System Error. Code:_1158.

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
pcdata

Unread post by pcdata »

The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.
Hi

I have just upgraded to H&M 5.5 and received the above error which appears to be from the following

|005FF48D|HELPMAN.EXE |RVScroll.pas |TRVScroller |CreateWnd |418[1] |

My environment is Windows 7 professional

Regards
Hendrik

Re: System Error. Code:_1158.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Maybe you find the solution/cause for/of the problem here:
http://www.errordecoder.com/system-erro ... -1158.html
pcdata

Re:'Not Enough timers available' + System Error. Code:_11

Unread post by pcdata »

Hi

The suggested items offer no solution to my problem, I regularly use a registry scanner to keep the registry clean and I use Norton AV which is also up to date.

I am also now getting errors of

'Not Enough timers available' when I try and compile the chm.

I am now totally unable to unable to use 5.5 , if I uninstall this and return to a previous version, which worked fine before the upgrade, will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance

PLJ
pcdata

Further information on problem of timers

Unread post by pcdata »

Hi

I think I have isolated the cause of the problem but I am perplexed as to why. I have tried to illustrate the following in the attached word document.

I use embeded topics a lot, as a convention all my fields are documented as f_fieldname. One of these, which represents a collectionof address fields, is f_add1.

In the attached document, Figure 1 shows the embeded topic address as being incomplete, i.e. just [Embedded Topic rather than the 4 line narative which is held in f_add1.xml

If I remove references to f_add1 from the Main Topic (see Code 1 - Main Topic highlighted in red) then the help compiles OK. If I add back the reference to f_add1.xml then the help file compilation just stops.

Any other reference to field f_add1.xml stops the help compilation.

In the word document is the contents of f_add1.xml in the section Code 2 - File F_ADD1.XML. Even if I have a blank f_add1.xml file, any reference to f_add1.xml stops the compilation dead.

Hope the above makes sense.

Regards

PLJ
Winsteps

Unread post by Winsteps »

pcdata, you may have hit an undocumented reserved word. Are the problems the same if you globally change the name f_add1 to something else, e.g., mary ?
pcdata

Unread post by pcdata »

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion - I have removed all f_add1's for now, but will try your suggestion in a couple of days time when I next need to recompile the help.

Regards

PLJ
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Philip,

Just to confirm: We received your report by mail and our developers are looking into the issues.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.