Tab causes "rightrightrightright..." to appear

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Greg Smith

Tab causes "rightrightrightright..." to appear

Unread post by Greg Smith »

Both build 1273 and 1296 show this problem. I have a paragraph with a left tab set at 5 inches. I have text with bold, subscript and italic characters in it, then a tab. The attached .png file illustrates what I see. The "rightrightright..." also appears in the .chm help file. The caret marks the position of the tab.

If I create a new empty project from scratch and paste in the offending text, I get the same effect. I have attached the XML source of the problem text as a zip (your board will not allow it as a .txt file).

I'm sure I can work around this by using a table, but I suspect that this is some debugging code that has been left here, so should be easy to fix.

Best wishes

Greg Smith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg Smith

Re: Tab causes "rightrightrightright..." to appear

I have the same text in the help file for the previous version of my program; this file does not have the problem, but the tab is a right tab in this case. As I have not actually changed (deliberately) the type of the tab, it would seem that something has got corrupted. Changing this back to a right tab fixes the problem. This was probably text imported from Word, so I will change it to a table to avoid this happening again.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Greg,

Basically this means that your Help & Manual installation is out of date. Please download and install 5.5.1 Build 1296 on top of your current copy to update. If it doesn't fix the problem immediately on opening the project you just need to apply any change to the paragraph settings to refresh the paragraph settings -- in the paragraph dialog with manually-formatted paragraphs or in the style settings if it's formatted with a style. You can then change the setting back if necessary.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Greg Smith

As I said in my post, I have already got the latest version.

Changing any paragraph setting does not fix the problem. Deleting the tab and then putting it back seems to be the only thing that fixes it. Changing the tab to a right tab (which is what it used to be) does not get rid of the "rightright...".

You can demonstrate all this by unzipping the XML I sent you and pasting it into a new topic.

Best wishes,

Greg Smith
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Greg,

I just discussed this with the developers again. I had assumed the fix was automatic with the new version because we haven't had any more reports on this. However, in some cases it actually happens during the import process. The new version should not repeat the problem on import, but to fix the existing issue (in some cases) you will either have to correct it manually or reimport the same text. It shouldn't occur again after that, however. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

An easy way to find all occurrences of "rightrightright..." is to create a PDF file from your project, then search for "rightright" using Acrobat Reader.
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760