[CTRL+click] is not working in my MDI app

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ulrich

Unread post by Ulrich »

Hello,

I've designed a MDI-app with delphi7. I'm using Help&Manuals V3.3.1. In capture mode 'a Window, control or menu' the [CTRL+click] trigger is not working. Do I have to pay attention to special things in self programmed delphi apps? Something special in MDI-apps?

Best regards - Ulrich
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

Ulrich,

I am assuming that after you used ctrl + click you did not see the dialog box to save the image.

Just on the off chance - is the window you are trying to capture a StayOnTop window. Try moving the window and seeing if the save dialog is behind it.

Otherwise, can you provide some more information please -

a) Were you capturing within Delphi, or while your program was running?

b)Was H&M correctly higlighting in red, the window, control, or menu.?

c) does the red highlight expand slightly when you hold down the control key, and did you try both control keys on your keyboard?

d) Have you tried to do the same with Impict, with the same result?

Regards
John
Ulrich

Unread post by Ulrich »

Hello John,

a) Both, I tried it running my app inside delphi IDE and separate from IDE

b) Yes, the highlighting works completely

c) No, the highlighting does not expand when pressing the CTRL key, and yes I tried both CTRL key of keyboard.

d) Yes, I tried both capture functions with the same result.

One time I could capture the login form of my (database) app, but I could't repeat it. First I thought, that maybe my app catches the keystrokes first, but there is no programming code in the keystroke events of my app. But I have the feeling that it has do with this special app, cause with other delphi7 apps it's working. One small thing that I noticed : When I try to capture for example a button, or menu, these form elements are not blocked by the CTRL key, but working how they should. They react on my mouseclicks. Very strange!

Regards - Ulrich
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ulrich,

Do you have a dual monitor setup? Screen captures can be rather quirky with such systems...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ulrich

Unread post by Ulrich »

Tim, John

thanks very much for your help, but I found the problem. It was a special VCL component to navigate through a form with the [ENTER] key. This component (IB_KeyNavigator) is specially designed for using with IB-Objects from Jason Wharton. A very special combination.

Regards - Ulrich