How to remove or modify callout once image saved?

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

HDumas

How to remove or modify callout once image saved?

Unread post by HDumas »

Hi,

I captured an image and added some hotspots and saved it as an SHG. Then I decided to add callouts to my image. Now that I see what the image looks like integrated to my topic, I would like to make changes to some callouts, even remove one; but it does not seem possible!? :cry:

But when I open the image, when I try to click on the callout, it does not want to be selected... so I decided to go to the object list and my callout is not listed there like when I added it.

Is there any way to remove or even modify a callout once the image has been saved. Does this mean that I have to redo start over with my BMP image and add the hotspots again, etc? :?

Hélène
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hélène,

If you want to edit the objects in your image again later you must save your image in Impict's own .IPP format. This is the only format that saves all the objects on separate layers. This is exactly the same as working in PhotoShop -- there if you save in BMP or TIFF you will also lose all your layers and no longer be able to edit them.

Also, it is much better to use .IPP for images with hotspots than Microsoft's antiquated .SHG format, which is only supported in H&M for compatibility. You can use .IPP images with hotspots directly in H&M, and you can then use additional advanced features provided by H&M. Also, hotspots with links to secondary windows don't work in .SHG files, they do work in .IPP files.

Please read the Impict help -- all these subjects are documented there in detail (I wrote it...) 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
HDumas

Unread post by HDumas »

Thank you very much Tim!

Sorry, never thought of looking in the Impict Help... :oops:
I am getting such good help right here. :wink:

I will do that right now. Thanks!

Hélène