Bug

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Not quite sure what's causing your problem, but I imagine Alex will be onto it soon. Just a note on SHGs: If you're using H&M and creating new images I would advise against using the SHG format. Support for it is really only included for compatibility with existing WinHelp projects with SHG graphics.

In H&M, IPP graphics files are much better for hotspot images. First you get additional functions not available with SHG, including JavaScript in hotspot links, and second links to popups in SHG hotspots don't work in dual-mode HTML Help files with formatted WinHelp popups, but they do work in IPP hotspots. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I could imagine a *very* short delay when you preview an SHG file the first time. Because the SHG preview involves the DLL ecshg3.dll which is only loaded when required. Bitmaps and even IPP images should display quickly, as there is no conversion overhead to display the preview. JPEG and PNG may also be delayed for a millisecond or so. Does that make sense to you? I don't really have a good idea what could cause a preview delay of several seconds. Is the program and/or the data located on a network drive or local?
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH