Index of Tables and Figures

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lgschwind

Index of Tables and Figures

Unread post by lgschwind »

I know that it is not possible to reference a Table or Figure number within the text, but is there a way to autogenerate an Index of Tables and Figures based on the style or something that would list the Table Captions and page numbers?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Index of Tables and Figures

Unread post by Tim Green »

No, this isn't possible at the moment. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dani Pfettscher

Unread post by Dani Pfettscher »

Are there any plans to add this capability to H&M?? I really need this functionality as well as the ability to list Appendices without automatically assigning outline numbering to them.
Billy Fogo

Unread post by Billy Fogo »

Has anything like this been added lately? i am currently going back thru and figuring and table numbering all my related objects. would be a nice addition to add an appendix with a figrue and table index.

Edit: Sorry i just realized this was in the HM 5 catagory, I am actually using HM 6.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Billy,

Something like this may be added in the future but it is currently not available.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Geurtzen

Unread post by Tim Geurtzen »

Dear Tim,

I am curious if there has been any development regarding the implementation for the use of Appendixes in H&M. Is this for example a new option in the new Help and Manual 7 release.

Kind regards,
Tim Geurtzen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Tim,
Tim Geurtzen wrote:I am curious if there has been any development regarding the implementation for the use of Appendixes in H&M. Is this for example a new option in the new Help and Manual 7 release.
There is no specific functionality in Help & Manual for appendixes. What exactly are you looking for?
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Geurtzen

Unread post by Tim Geurtzen »

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your response. What I mean is that this discussion about Appendix is already a few years old and I was hoping that meanwhile more people have been asking for this possibility to add an Appendix to a manual. In our older manuals we made with Word (before we had H&M) we use Appendix A, Appendix B, etc. for additional technical information which are to long and to specific to place inside the manual but to important to leave them out. And especially now with the release of H&M 7 I hoped that this was one of the new features in this upgrades.

But reading your reaction I sense this is not the case (yet) :wink:

Kind regards,
Tim