Another Print Manual Template Selection Issue

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Robert McConnell

Another Print Manual Template Selection Issue

Unread post by Robert McConnell »

I have properly specified the Print Manual Template in the PDF Layout window.

However, when I try to publish, the Select Print Manual Template window shows, and publishes to, one of the standard templates I had experimented with earlier, rather than the template I had specified in the PDF Layout window. If I try to select the correct template using Select Print Manual Template window I am presented only with a list of the standard templates with no apparent way to specify or browse for others.

I seem to be forever doomed to using an unwanted template.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Another Print Manual Template Selection Issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Robert,

I just checked this, there's a glitch there. For the moment, please reselect in the Publish page before publishing (just click on the drop-down and select with Open... below the previews). Will be fixed asap...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Another Print Manual Template Selection Issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update: The mistake is actually that this setting should no longer be present in the PDF Layout section. This assignment is now only made in the Publish page. This was necessary because of the introduction of publishing tasks, where each task could have a different assignment for the template. It thus makes no sense any more to have a "permanent" MNL setting for the project, because it would actually be meaningless... :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.