Remove Highlighting from Search results

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Aitch

Remove Highlighting from Search results

Unread post by Aitch »

Hi all,

While having a nosey on the web, I stumbled across an online helpfile that was created with MadCap Flare. - I wasn't very impressed with it though (H&M documents look much better in my opinion).
anyhoos... I noticed there was an option to Remove Higlighting from search results, which I found quite handy. I couldn't find anything on H&M, so thought I'd put it on the wish list. :)

ps. Of all the authoring tools out there, I believe H&M has got to be the easiest to use! I know, it's the only tool I've used (apart from Robohelp for a very short while about 10 years go), but I've not found reason to switch to anything else.
Have a lovely weekend!
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
John Waller

Re: Remove Highlighting from Search results

Unread post by John Waller »

Aitch wrote:I noticed there was an option to Remove Higlighting from search results, which I found quite handy. I couldn't find anything on H&M, so thought I'd put it on the wish list. :)
It's there but it's not entirely obvious - you need to dig.

In Project Explorer: Configuration > Publishing Options > Webhelp > Full Text Search
highlight-search-words.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

John Waller
v.6.2.2 Build 2636
Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

Thanks for the reply, John

I was more referring to the actual help file itself. When doing a search, the results come up with highlighted - which is good. But then there is an option on the web help itself to remove highlighted text.

Salesforce's online help is such an example.
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
John Waller

Unread post by John Waller »

Yes, I see what you mean in the final output, Heidi.

Though it only works in one direction AFAICS - switches (clears) highlighting off permanently in that page view. You have to perform another search to get the highlighting back.

I would prefer it if the button was a toggle to switch highlighting on/off.
Regards

John Waller
v.6.2.2 Build 2636