Short-cut key for backtrack to previous page

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Greg Smith

Short-cut key for backtrack to previous page

Unread post by Greg Smith »

I spend much of my life in the Microsoft Visual Studio and one very useful short-cut key that I use there is Ctrl+- which takes you back to the last place you were. I find myself typing this a lot in H&M where I have gone somewhere to check something, then want to go back to do some typing. I know that there are the <- and -> arrows to click, but hovering the mouse over them does not show up a short-cut, so perhaps we could have one?

If you implement this, in Visual Studio it also remembers where you were in the page (which is more than the back and forward track buttons do in H&M), so that would be nice - but a lot more work.
Martin Wynne

Re: Short-cut key for backtrack to previous page

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Greg Smith wrote:in Visual Studio it also remembers where you were in the page (which is more than the back and forward track buttons do in H&M), so that would be nice - but a lot more work.
Hi Greg,

You can allocate your own shortcuts to Forward/Back at Program Options > Shortcuts > Navigate.

Don't forget that in HM6 you can open each location in a separate tab, and in that case HM6 does indeed remember where you were in each one.

regards,

Martin.
Greg Smith

Re: Short-cut key for backtrack to previous page

Unread post by Greg Smith »

Thanks for the pointer.

However, if I use Ctrl+Click on a link, then Ctrl+- (having set it as the back key) or the back button, my caret sits at the start of the topic, not where I left it.