Flatten object add noise

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gilles Plante

Flatten object add noise

Unread post by Gilles Plante »

Hi all,

what a nice product Help & Manual is :) .

I use Impict because it is nicely integrated, but I am facing an annoying problem. First of all, all images come from a camera. I am documenting an embedded system and no screen capture is possible. The to get only part of an image, I crop it using lens as per method described here. All is well till the last stage: the original image is hidden and the lens part is flatten, but when I adjust the of the image to the size of the lens, some noise is added to the image. The images are pretty dark, the background is a dark grey and I get white pixels dropped here and there.

What is going on and is there some way to prevent that from happening ? I shoot at 3.1 Mp, there would be no use for 10 Mp images.

Thanks
Gilles Plante

Re: Flatten object adds noise

I found out exactly which step breaks the image: it is when one hides the original image that noise comes in. I event got part of the image erased ?!?
Martin Wynne

Re: Flatten object add noise

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Gilles Plante wrote:What is going on and is there some way to prevent that from happening ?
Hi Giles,

It's because you have Custom set in the Shape Tool dialog. Change it to Rectangle before flattening.

regards,

Martin.
Gilles Plante

Re: Flatten object adds noise

Hi Martin,

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work. If you read my second post, its happens when I hide the original image.

This is just before I hide the original, the lens section is shown, already flatten:
Before.jpg
Now this is right after I hide the original picture:
After.jpg
The original background turned white but not everywhere, and there is some kind of noise :vconfused: . In other instances where I had trouble, the background didn't changed, but there was some noise.

I just don't get what is happening.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.