Impict object -Edit properties dialog box missing

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sharon_E_Kluger

Impict object -Edit properties dialog box missing

Unread post by Sharon_E_Kluger »

I have been using H&M successfully for 2 years now, but for the last few days I have not been able to see the dialog box when I try to edit an object using the "Edit properties..." option. Impict acts as if the window is open (it does not allow me to click on anything else until I exit the unseen window using the Esc button). I am not sure what I might have done to "hide" this dialog box, but I cannot find anything in the Help section about how I can recover it. What type of error is happening here? How can I fix it?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Impict object -Edit properties dialog box missing

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sharon,

Is it possible that you normally have two monitors connected to your system and you are currently only using one? Sometimes when you do this Windows will open dialogs in the unconnected monitor, making them invisible. See this page for a number of methods to get things back onto screen.

If it's not that there may be something wrong with your Help & Manual installation. Just download the current installer (the links for HM5 and HM4 are down at the BOTTOM of the page!) and reinstall:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sharon_E_Kluger

Re: Impict object -Edit properties dialog box missing

Unread post by Sharon_E_Kluger »

Thank you! The dual monitor issue was the problem!