Table of Contents Expands Chapter

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rfossella

Table of Contents Expands Chapter

Unread post by rfossella »

Hello,
I am compiling H&M docs to HTML. I chose the option "Single click on caption in Table of Contents expands chapter". After compilation I open index.html to reveal the contents however, when I select a chapter it does not expand. Is there something else I should be doing? Nothing is evident.

Thanks.
Robert
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Table of Contents Expands Chapter

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Robert,

You are probably testing locally with Google Chrome or a similar browser and opening the index.html file directly, without a web browser. Chrome has some poor security programming that identifies all local files as coming from a different domain, preventing WebHelp from working without a web server. Help & Manual 6 will automatically use its own mini server to view WebHelp after generating, and that gets around this problem. Also, everything will work fine once you upload it to your web server and access it there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
rfossella

Re: Table of Contents Expands Chapter

Unread post by rfossella »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That was exactly the problem - i.e. I was opening local file index.html from Chrome. Once I opened in IE it worked. I also moved to a local webserver and that also worked in Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks again.
Robert