TOC headings won't expand...

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

vancouver-tech-writer

TOC headings won't expand...

Unread post by vancouver-tech-writer »

I am just back to work, so I'm not back to my expert knowledge status as yet. :(
I just compiled my webhelp, I tried both my customized skin, and a standard H&M skin. I have premium pack 1.56 installed.

When I view the compiled help, none of my TOC books will expand, rendering the compilation kinda useless! :lol: Can you please advise?
Thanks. :P
Steve
Technical Writer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TOC headings won't expand...

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Steve,

Is Google Chrome your default browser? It won't display WebHelp correctly without a web server because it has a very poorly implemented security feature that treats all the files in WebHelp as coming from multiple domains, even though they are all stored in the same folder. Help & Manual 6 has its own built-in web server that it starts automatically when you publish WebHelp and opens the output afterwards, but that isn't available in version 5. However, your WebHelp will work fine in Chrome as well as soon as it is accessed on your server.

If you continue to have problems just mail a demo project and a copy of the skin you are using to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it out for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
vancouver-tech-writer

Re: TOC headings won't expand...

Unread post by vancouver-tech-writer »

Right you are. Chrome was the default browser (since our company has standardized on Google Apps). I was able to successfully view in IE. Thanks, Tim.
Steve
Technical Writer
Vancouver, BC, Canada