Header header won't display when view in IE

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

vancouver-tech-writer

Header header won't display when view in IE

Unread post by vancouver-tech-writer »

I am using 3-pane webhelp. I have my header defined. It was working fine.
I chose to not display a help TOPIC header for the Home topic (unchecked box at bottom), compiled and... the help WINDOW isn't displaying the upper header (top 'pane') when I view in IE (10).

The help displays totally fine in Google Chrome.

I have enclosed two screenshots so you can see.

I rechecked the Home topic header and published but it didn't help. I would rather my Home topic not have a header anyways.

Any ideas? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Technical Writer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Header header won't display when view in IE

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Steve,

This is an old problem that was fixed quite a while ago. Basically, you just need to update your Premium Pack skins to the current version by re-downloading them using the download link from the mail you received when you purchased them. If you no longer have that mail please write to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll help you out. Please confirm in the mail that you are using the Help & Manual 5 version -- I assume you are because you posted this in the HM5 forum section.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.