Hide a topic?

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

bunnyslippers

Hide a topic?

Unread post by bunnyslippers »

Hello,

Is it possible to temporarily "hide" a topic for use in the future? I created one that does not need to be included in the current output, but it will be needed in the future. Rather than deleting it and having to recreate it a few months from now, I would like to hide or "deactivate" it.

Thank you in advance!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hide a topic?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bunny,

You can do this by defining a conditional output tag for topics like these and then applying that tag to them as a build option:
  1. Go to Configuration > Common Properties > Custom Builds and define an appropriate build tag, for example PENDING.
  2. Select the topic in the TOC in Help & Manual, right-click on it and select the Include in Builds > Custom Builds submenu.
  3. Select PENDING in the submenu and DEselect ALL other options in the Include in Builds menu (both the main part and the custom part).
  4. When you publish your project, make sure that PENDING is DEselected in the Include Options box in the Publish dialog.

Then all topics tagged with PENDING will be excluded from your output. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
bunnyslippers

Re: Hide a topic?

Unread post by bunnyslippers »

Thanks very much, Tim!