Searching in Run-time Master

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindynotbrady

Re: Searching in Run-time Master

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

Yes, indeed it was my skin. I'd included some code for printing the breadcrumbs, and somehow it interfered with my jump. Here is the bad css code I took out:
htmlsourcecode.png
I don't know a lot about CSS, but I can fake my way around it. I compared the skin of our sister company to the skin I created for the company I work for, and then I found the difference between the two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,

It's great that you got it working, but a little strange that taking that out fixed it. The marked code is really just some static HTML, and removing it shouldn't have any affect on scripts at all. On the contrary -- if a script was referencing it and it then went away, taking it away should cause an error instead of preventing it. But if it's working I guess it's fine... ;-))
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindynotbrady

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

For those who keep their help files in a folder away from the exe, I realized the problem with this entire process. In the jump sequence, I needed to specify the path to the help. When customers download our software, the exe is located in one place and a Help folder resides in the same place as the exe, but all the help files are inside the Help folder. So, I needed to changes this jump to the Master Help to be this:

Code: Select all

<object
  width=0
  id=window_opener
  type="application/x-oleobject"
  classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11">
<param
  name="Command"
  value="ShortCut">
<param
  name="Item1"
  value=",hh.exe,Help\MASTERHelpFile.chm::/searchingmasterhelp.htm">