Export a Help and Manual Document with all its images

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

deepika_p

Export a Help and Manual Document with all its images

Unread post by deepika_p »

Hi TIM,

I have a help and manual document for which there are many project search paths(In my current document, there are about 50 project search paths). How ever, not all the images in the search paths are used in the document.
For example,
  • 1. project search path 1 - there are 10 images but only 5 are used in the help and manual
    2. project search path 2 - there are 100 images but only 10 are used in the help and manual
    3. project search path 3 - there are 80 images but only 15 are used in the help and manual
Now, this is what I want to do.
- Export the project to another physical computer
and
- I do not want to copy all the content (images) in the three project search paths. Instead, I want to export, only the images used in the document

And my question
- Is it possible to export a Help and Manual document with all the images used?

If, it is possible, can I please know how to do it or, is there any workaround to save my day?

Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Export a Help and Manual Document with all its images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Deepika,

What is possible here depends on what format your images are stored in. If they are PNG, GIF or JPG, you can simply generate a WebHelp output and all the image files actually used will be in the WebHelp output folder, and you can copy them to a new consolidated images folder from there. If you are also using other graphics formats that are converted for WebHelp you can generate a Word RTF version as well, using an empty folder as the target, and you will find the image files in the RTF folder. Between the two of them, that should probably get you all the original files. You can then copy them to a consolidated folder for your new project.

See this topic in the help for details on managing and consolidating your graphics folders:

http://helpandmanual.com/help/index.htm ... naging.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
deepika_p

Re: Export a Help and Manual Document with all its images

Unread post by deepika_p »

Thanks Tim,

It worked!!

Thanks a lot for the idea :) :)