Sandcastle exampel code import

This section is for questions relating to using the forum. Announcements on updates and any issues with the forum software may also be posted here occasionally.

Moderator: Tim Green

Mads Peter

Sandcastle exampel code import

Unread post by Mads Peter »

Hi
I am importing sandcastle into a H&M project and it works very well. But then I started adding code example to my documentation in C# file. And it's not added to my H&M project. According to all i can find about code examples. I am supposed to like this:

/// <code lang="C#">
/// class Settings : BaseSettings
/// {
/// </code>
/// <code lang="VB">
///
/// Class Settings
/// Inherits BaseSettings
/// </code>

Visual studios intellisence shows that code is a valid xml node. I know that there is also a node called /// <example></example> but it is only given a non formated string in the H&M project. I will expect to get a Microsoft style Tab area with C# and VB example.
Does anyone have a n idea of how to get the tabed example box in my help file?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Sandcastle exampel code import

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,

Tabbed code examples like those in MSDN aren't supported in Help & Manual, sorry.

By the way: Note that there isn't a "live link" to your project with Sandcastle import. If you make changes in your source code you need to re-import with the option for overwriting existing topics that have changed.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mads Peter

Re: Sandcastle exampel code import

Unread post by Mads Peter »

Thanks for the information. :-)