Page breaks before toggle with "Remove icon when printing"

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Helen Abbott

Page breaks before toggle with "Remove icon when printing"

Unread post by Helen Abbott »

I'm using expanding text toggles, link style, with an icon, and I've enabled "Remove icon when printing".

When I insert a page break before the toggle text, the page break doesn't show up in PDF output.

When I disable "Remove icon when printing", the page break works fine.

From reading other posts, I understand that you can't insert a page break before conditional output. The toggle icon is conditional output.

So is this a bug in the way toggles were implemented? Is there some way to work around it?

I can insert an extra paragraph before the toggled text and put the page break there, but then I've got extra white space in my WebHelp output.

thanks,
Helen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Page breaks before toggle with "Remove icon when printin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Helen,
Helen Abbott wrote:I can insert an extra paragraph before the toggled text and put the page break there, but then I've got extra white space in my WebHelp output.
This is probably the only way to deal with this at the moment. What's happening is that the routine for removing the icon is "eating" the page break character if it's (effectively) on the same line. I've asked our developers to look into changing it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Helen Abbott

Re: Page breaks before toggle with "Remove icon when printin

Unread post by Helen Abbott »

OK thanks Tim - I'd very much appreciate a fix for this in the future because I love the toggle feature and I'd like to make more use of it, but I have to generate both WebHelp and PDF for most of my guides.

Helen