Indent toggle icon and text

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindygo11

Indent toggle icon and text

Unread post by cindygo11 »

Hello - I am 100% sure this is easy but I can figure it out. I did search help and forum but didn't find what I am looking for.

I have created a toggle and have added a background color to the header however there is no space between the plus\minus icon and the left boarder. I tried adding spaces in front of the icon but that didn't work well. How do I indent the icons and header text together by a few pixels?

Thank you,
Cindy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Indent toggle icon and text

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the forum!

The key here is to use Borders and Shading for the paragraph instead of text background. Then you can enter both a background and an offset (= padding) for the shading, which will give you exactly what you want here. It's also a good idea to define the paragraph as a style with all the settings you need (borders, shading, offset, spacing, font etc.) so that you don't have to configure everything manually every time.

You can take it a step further by saving the entire pre-formatted toggle as a snippet XML file in your project folder. Then every time you want to use a toggle like that, you just insert the snippet from the file and enter the text you want to use.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindygo11

Re: Indent toggle icon and text

Unread post by cindygo11 »

Hi Tim - I knew it would be simple!
Thank you!
Cindy