Topic Class

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Heather LaPierre

Topic Class

Unread post by Heather LaPierre »

I had a topic class called "popup" (as well as an HTML template), but when I select the dropdown to select the class, the only option is now (Default). The HTML page template options have not changed.

How can I re-create the popup topic class?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topic Class

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Heather,

The popup class is only displayed when you edit the topic options in the Project Files > Topic Files section. The popup class is not permitted for topics that have TOC entries and you cannot use topics with TOC entries as popups. If the topic already has a TOC entry you can set its class to popup in the Topic Files, but that will still be invalid. You either need to create a new topic without a TOC entry to use as a popup (just create it directly in Topic Files to do that), or just delete the TOC entry for the existing topic.

To delete the TOC entry select it in the TOC and press DELETE. Then, deselect the "Also delete referred topic files" at the lower left in the dialog displayed before confirming the deletion. Then only the TOC entry will be deleted, not the topic file.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Heather LaPierre

Unread post by Heather LaPierre »

Excellent.. Thank you.

Is there a way to change the class for multiple topics?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Heather LaPierre wrote:Is there a way to change the class for multiple topics?
No, that's not possible from within the Help & Manual editor. You need to do it manually in the Topic Options for each topic.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.