Extra space following links in PDF

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mike Law

Extra space following links in PDF

Unread post by Mike Law »

Perhaps an H&M guru can help me out with this one.

I'm seeing an extra space following links only in my PDF export (circled below). I don't see them in my web help export or in the working hmxz file (below right). Nothing fancy done except marking text as links. Any hints on how to remove this space in the PDF? I can't select the space in my PDF indicating that it's not actually a "space" or a "tab".

PDF vs Web Help

Edit: I tried changing the Reference Device for PDF Export to Microsoft XPS Document Writer and I still get the same result.

Thanks!
Mike
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Extra space following links in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

Before doing anything else, please update Help & Manual 6 to the current version, which is 6.5.6 Build 3026. Since the release of HM7 you can now get the HM6 installer from the link down at the BOTTOM of this page: http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html

If that doesn't help please mail me a small test project and your .mnl template file to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Law

Re: Extra space following links in PDF

Unread post by Mike Law »

Hi Tim,

The 6.5.6 Build 3026 worked. I also noticed one thing after install: I immediately saw page referrers in the PDF. I looked in project Configuration and noticed the Insert Page Referrers option was checked. When 6.5.5 was installed, the Insert Page Referrers was checked as well, but they weren't showing and that was the issue. I turned off the Insert Page Referrers option and now everything is OK.

Thanks for your advice.