Horizontal Line

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sandy Palmer

Horizontal Line

Unread post by Sandy Palmer »

I want to insert a horizontal line, below text, that extends the width of the page. Things were working fine until recently. Now, everything looks fine in Help and Manual, but when I publish, the line extends only under my text. Suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal Line

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sandy,

The problem is that you have the paragraph with the line below it in a table and the table is not extending to the width of the page when you publish. To ensure that this happens, set the width of the table to 100%/page width (both settings are the same).

It would also be a good idea to set the table gridlines to visible in View > Program Options > Editor. This makes it much easier to see when you are working in a table and where the table cells are. Similarly, set the paragraph marks to visible in the same place. This will make it easier to see when you have accidental extra paragraphs that may change your layout in your output.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.