My CHM help doesn't display font colours correctly in W8.1

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rossmcm

My CHM help doesn't display font colours correctly in W8.1

Unread post by rossmcm »

I have a H&M (4.5.1.1392) project which doesn't render colours correctly under Win 8.1. The text renders correctly in the H&M IDE, and in the generated PDF, but all the text is black when I look at the CHM file on my Win8.1 PC. It looks fine when I look at it under Windows XP.

Note that there is a fourth line in white text on a white background.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm particularly interested to find out if it's something peculiar to my setup, rather than something that will be apparent on all Win8 PCs.

Thanks,
Ross
rossmcm

Re: My CHM help doesn't display font colours correctly in W8

Unread post by rossmcm »

OK after some testing, I have determined that there are Windows 8 themes which when selected cause this effect, presumably because some colour mapping/palette is being messed with. I selected another theme and the problem is gone.

R
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ross,

Yes, the colors in your output file are fine on all versions of Windows. The problem is definitely not there. I'm deleting the links to your Dropbox in your posting. It's not such a good idea to have active links to your private account open on the Internet like that... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
rossmcm

Unread post by rossmcm »

Thanks Tim. (the links were to files in my public dropbox folder - nobody else could do anything other than read these two files unless they made a very lucky guess, in which case, they might be able to access other files in the folder, but by definition, I only ever put files in there that I am happy to make public).

Best regards,
Ross