HTML pages without ToC, Search, and Index

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Graeme Webb

HTML pages without ToC, Search, and Index

Unread post by Graeme Webb »

Hello all,

I'm developing a context sensitive help for my company's software which loads HTML pages. Given that it's a built in context sensitive help, I don't really need the ToC, Search, and Index features. I just want the HTML page to load, which will contain the odd reference link to another topic.

So far I've been using the webhelp publish feature and having the program load the specific HTML file. However, the webhelp folder tends to be quite cluttered with many html, img, and js files. To save on this clutter, is there a way to publish your topics without the additional files associated to ToC, search, and index?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Graeme
Simon Dismore

Re: HTML pages without ToC, Search, and Index

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

You can eliminate eight files by clearing the 'Include Keyword Index', 'Full-text Search' and 'When a topic is loaded outside the navigation frame, force it to reload the navigation frame' flags. These are at Configuration > Publishing Options > Webhelp > Navigation in your project/skin. In the current version of H&M you can eliminate a further three files by selecting the 'Use custom icons' radio button but not specifying any filenames.

You'll need to recompile to an empty folder, of course.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

If you just want naked WebHelp there is an option to compile help without frames or a normal TOC. Go to a Configuration > publishing options > WebHelp > Layout. Then choose the no frames option there. Don't use a skin. The result will be naked topic files. The index.html file will be the table of contents file. It will just be a linked list of topics that you can use or not, as you please.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Graeme Webb

Unread post by Graeme Webb »

Much appreciated guys, thanks!