Will Help+Manual consider these WordPress functionalities?

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main H&M forums on topic! If you have anything else you want to share, on any subject whatsoever, please post it here!

Moderator: Tim Green

Subash SL

Will Help+Manual consider these WordPress functionalities?

Unread post by Subash SL »

Here's my most recent post from my blog.

http://www.learntechnicalwritingfast.co ... -the-hats/

Let me know your thoughts.
Martin Wynne

Re: Will Help+Manual consider these WordPress functionalitie

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi Subash,

But not everything can be online. How are you going to launch an executable file from a web page?

Have a look at the great features in H&M's EWriter output. Or even ancient CHM if you need that.

The clue to H&M is in the &. Everything from one source.

And don't mention screen videos. Now that Flash is all but dead, there is NO lossless video format available online for screen capture videos. We are stuck with the awful HTML5 MP4 videos with massively increased file sizes and fuzzy graphics. That format is great for real-life video but utterly dreadful for line graphics.

Using EWriter I am able to deliver crisp screen capture video in lossless FBR format with small file sizes, and with great additional interactive features.

I am right now moving back from all-online Help to embedded EWriter. Now that EWriter can load separate data files, you can keep application Help updated from the server almost as easily as updating a web site. The online version will remain for those accessing it on mobile devices, but within the application all context help will now use EWriter.

EWriter is also now dpi-aware, so on hi-res screens the quality is superb -- much better than any browser.

regards,

Martin.
Subash SL

Re: Will Help+Manual consider these WordPress functionalitie

Unread post by Subash SL »

Thanks for your reply, Martin.