H+M shows image with black bakcground

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tobias Escher

H+M shows image with black bakcground

Unread post by Tobias Escher »

I have a single image that H+M shows with a black background (also when opened in Impict). All other application correctly show a transparent background. What could be causing this? It is only a single image and the behaviour is new in 7.3 beta. Does not happen in earlier versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H+M shows image with black bakcground

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tobias,

I just downloaded and tested your image and it's fine in HM itself and in PDF and WebHelp output. It shows a black background in Impict because it has an alpha transparency. Try updating your beta, the current build is 4106:

http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe

PS: Generally, please post questions about beta versions by email, not on the forum. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tobias Escher

Still doing it in PDF export in 4106, I'm afraid. It is only that one picture, all others are correct and it shows correct with white background in H+M's editor. Only the export is black.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Tobias Escher wrote:Still doing it in PDF export in 4106, I'm afraid. It is only that one picture, all others are correct and it shows correct with white background in H+M's editor. Only the export is black.
So please mail a demo project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tobias Escher

I sent a demo project, hopefully the issue shows up :)