SHG - Hot Spots changing themselves

This is the place for questions on using Impict, Help & Manual's integrated screenshot editor and enhancer.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

john_e

SHG - Hot Spots changing themselves

Unread post by john_e »

Interesting thing about SHG files if opened in the impict editor you have to reset all the POPUP links to POPUP because when you look at them they are set to a macro PI("", "Link Name") which if saved compiles to an error page. This appears to occur for Invisible topics.

If saved as a POPUP the shg will comiple fine but if opened and saved without "Fixing" it back to POPUP it will create errors when the hotspot is clicked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John,

I think what is happening is that the editor is automatically setting a default setting whenever you open the popup. It's not changed unless you open it, but then you've found that. I agree that this is counterproductive and suggest posting a request to change the default behavior in the Wish List section.

Have a nice weekend! 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

John,
when you save an image in SHG format, Impict changes all links to macros and does not keep the original links. This is necessary because the SHG format doesn't work with long topic IDs. The macros, on the other hand, don't work with HTML Help (I assume you are creating HTML Help). Please save your hotspot graphics in IPP format and use this format directly in Help & Manual. That works with both, Winhelp and HTML Help and keeps the links as you defined them.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH