Bullets not visible in PDF

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bullets not visible in PDF

Unread postby pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 am

Hello Tim,

I have a problem that a colleague cannot see the bullets in the pdf that I generated with H&M 7.3.6. I see the enumeration bullets with Acrobat Reader, but he uses Acrobat Pro and sees no bullets. This is not happening with older PDF's I generated in the past, perhaps with an older H&M version, I am not sure at the moment.

My colleague says that he sees a difference in the properties of the PDF documents. In Acrobat Pro a font type of"T3Font_1" or "T3Font_2" is shown for the PDF's, that show bullets, but my new PDF without bullets shows "T3Font_0". But this is no conscious decision, I am not aware of any changes I made.

Best Regards,

Peter
pete

Re: Bullets not visible in PDF

Unread postby pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Oh, I see. Glenn posted about the same problem some days ago.
pete

Re: Bullets not visible in PDF

Unread postby Tim Green » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:27 am

Hi Pete,

I've tested Glenn's projects and we've confirmed that this is a reference printer driver issue. You set the driver for PDF output in View > Program Options > PDF. Instead of setting the screen device or the driver of the physical printer you have connected to your system, set the Microsoft XPS Document writer driver. Alternatively, go to the Printers module in the Control Panel, select Add Printer and add a standard Deskjet, Laserjet or Brother laser printer from the standard Windows list and use that (you don't have to have the physical printer, of course). Customized drivers from printer manufacturers often cause strange problems when used as a reference for PDF output. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Return to Help & Manual 7 Forum