Deploy HTML to web-site but PNG files does get loaded

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

MoellerClaus

Deploy HTML to web-site but PNG files does get loaded

Unread post by MoellerClaus »

Hi
Years ago I used H&M for one of my projects and was very satisfied.
I recently purchased the new version for another project. Unfortunately deploying the HTML files etc to a directory on the website results in that the PNG files do not get shown in the Chrome browser (empty boxes).
The old project shows up well in the same Chrome browser.
Does H&M 6 have a new feature I am not aware off?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Deploy HTML to web-site but PNG files does get loaded

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Claus,

Help+Manual 6 is not the new version, it is many years old. It is no longer for sale so it would be difficult for you to have purchased it just now. Are you really using HM6, or are you really on the current HM7 version?

There are no known problems with PNG images in WebHelp, that is a standard web image format. You might have issues if you used invalid file names for web use, but Help+Manual normally corrects those automatically when you publish. The other possibility is that you didn't upload all the files in your output folder. You must always do all the following:
  1. Publish your project to an empty folder (use the option to delete all the files in the output folder before publishing). Otherwise old and incorrect files can be included and will also be included in the search index.
  2. Make sure that the folder on your web server is empty, otherwise the files there will also be included in Google searches.
  3. Upload all the files in your output folder to your web server folder.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MoellerClaus

Hi Tim
Yeah you are right I now use H&M 7.
The point and sequence I believe it this way I do.
Please have a look at the attached file or link below - Graphics are blurred!
http://foreningsprogram.dk/holbaekhelp/

Thanks for any idea where to look. Same show with 3 different computers and browsers.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi,

Your images are not being shown because they are not correctly coded PNG files. Which application did you use to create them? They are quite old, dated 2007. Were they created by an old version of H&M from bitmaps?

I have tried to open them in several graphics programs. This is the message displayed every time: "The image smiley_serop_lille.png cannot be opened, because it contains errors".

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Claus,

What Martin said: I'm getting the same results.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MoellerClaus

Hi both
Thanks I will try it out with updating the PNG.
But why does it then work with the browser when the files are localy on my c: drive?
And here http://foreningsprogram.dk/support/ (this was made with the old H&M version)
Martin Wynne

MoellerClaus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:54 pm But why does it then work with the browser when the files are localy on my c: drive?
And here http://foreningsprogram.dk/support/ (this was made with the old H&M version)
Hi,

The PNG files are not the same. Some 0D bytes (CR, carriage return) have been removed from the current file. When I replaced them (about half a dozen) the files were then identical and displayed normally. It's possible they were removed by your FTP upload software.

png_errors.png

I suggest you copy them again from your original project into the images folder in your current project, and try again.

cheers,

Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoellerClaus

Hi Martin
Thanks that was it! :P :P :P
I am programming with Lazarus Pascal and have made myself a utility program that uploads changes in H&M HTML files to my website using INDY components (IdFTP).
My mistake was to set IDFTP.Transfertype to ftASCII instead of ftBinary. With ftASCII CR and LF are deleted apparently.
Seconds after reading your post the bell rang and now it works!
It now all make perfectly sense (at least for me).
:D Thanks to you.

Claus
Martin Wynne

Hi Claus,

Glad you found the problem. :)

I'm also using Lazarus to create open-source versions of my Delphi programs. For internet connections I use Synapse, which works great:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/synalist/

cheers,

Martin.