Picture-in-Picture possible

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

Picture-in-Picture possible

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hello,

this might better be called Animation-in-Animation....

I have a dialog with some buttons that perform something. This something is in a set of animations later in the xplain. I would like to give the user an opportunity to have a glimps into that function and if interesting jump to that item.

So what I envision is that the user can indeed click on that button and that animation (slide x to y) is played in a smaller window somewhere on the current slide. If he/she fancies it he/she can click that and jump to the full 'fun'.

Possible?

Thanks,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Picture-in-Picture possible

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,
So what I envision is that the user can indeed click on that button and that animation (slide x to y) is played in a smaller window somewhere on the current slide.
You can achieve this by positioning the slide you want to jump to inside the other slide. Set the slide without a border and make sure that all its contents only become visible on opening the slide. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gerold Krommer

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hi Tim,

I seem to be indefinitively clumsy (or unexperienced I want to think)

How do I 'positioning the slide you want to jump to inside the other slide'??? I tried the intuitive ones like D&D,C&P, evven loked at linking and HTML editing.

Sorry to be a pain,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

You do things like this in the Slides Overview frame at the top of the list. You can manipulate slides there just like the objects inside slides in the slides.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kooswillem

Unread post by Kooswillem »

Gerold Krommer wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:45 am Hi Tim,

I seem to be indefinitively clumsy (or unexperienced I want to think)

How do I 'positioning the slide you want to jump to inside the other slide'??? I tried the intuitive ones like D&D,C&P, evven loked at linking and HTML editing.

Sorry to be a pain,

/Gerold
Did you succeed? I use this technique a lot. To 'jump' into a laptop or mobile screen.
Let's say you have an image of a laptop in slide 3. You would than create the screen content of the first window on the laptop in slide 4. In the slide Overview you position slide 4 so it fits exactly where it belongs in (or on top of) slide 3. It will be much smaller but that does not matter. You then transition between slide 3 to slide 4 with a zoom-out zoom-in for example. Now this is where it get's complicated, because the slides in the bigger slide 3 will always be visible. And I found stacking multiple (more then 3) slides on top of eachother unworkable. So I now use a trick, you duplicate slide 4 so it's exactly the same size and position that somewhere else outside slide 3. You use the 'Show without animation' transition to go to this new slide. Then you continue with slide 5, 6, etcetera in the same manner, until you get to the last slide. The last slide you position at the exact same position of your slide 4. But wait now you see your last slide at the moment you need to see slide 4. So you need to make a shape (I use a rectangle) and use that as an 'animation container' and put all of the objects of this slide in this container. Set the animation of that rectangle to hide that at slide exit. Now the slide (or technically, the all the slide's objects) will hide when you exit slide 4, at runtime. In the design you will only see your last laptop slide. And when exiting the last slide (which is now on top of slide 4 it looks like you never 'left' the laptop. And can now move to a new part of your HelpXplain. Hope this helps you.