Open image dialog - preselect current

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ron Horn

Open image dialog - preselect current

Unread post by Ron Horn »

When double clicking an existing image, I wish the dialog would scroll the current file into the view.

Because I created allot of manuals from RTF import and am renaming allot of the auto-named files. So I'm having to "hunt" for the current name.

But I DO appreciate the preview AND click for larger preview - that's handy!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Open image dialog - preselect current

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ron,

It would be nice. Unfortunately there is no Windows open file dialog that supports that. The most you could do would be to include the filename itself as a filter. But then it would only show that file, and that would cause more problems than being a help. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Re: Open image dialog - preselect current

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:22 amIt would be nice. Unfortunately there is no Windows open file dialog that supports that.
Hi Tim,

It's easy to do if you use the old Windows3.1 controls, TFileListBox etc. Which work just fine in Delphi and on Windows10. I use them myself to provide greater flexibility than the standard Windows Open/Save file dialogs.

You can use all the usual string list functions on them. They work great:

Code: Select all

with FileListBox1 do ItemIndex:=Items.IndexOf('test_image.png');
See: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/ra ... stBox.html

cheers,

Martin.