Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).
Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:17 pm
I have a pattern that is quite cumbersome to perform a single function "replace the current text with a snippet". I'm hoping this can be streamlined.
- Select text
- ctrl+shift+d (my shortcut defined in H&M to insert snippet
- tab, tab to move from the OK button to the "..." button to select a snippet file
- enter to activate that button and get the Open Snippet dialog
- shift+tab, shift+tab to move from the File name text box to select a file
- arrow down to the file
- Enter to select and close the dialog
- tab, Enter to click OK and perform the replacement of the selected text with the snippet
I can use a tool outside of the product to streamline this (autohotkey or PhraseExpress). But I think it would help for H&M to have something cleaner.
What do you think about a hotkey that jumps directly into the file selection dialog, and on selection immediately goes to snippet insertion?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 21610
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:11 am
- Location: Bruehl, Germany
I've moved this to the Wish List section. Please always post requests here, not in the general questions section.
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.