Screen Capture: include cursor option

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Caroline D

Screen Capture: include cursor option

Unread post by Caroline D »

I'm trying the do a screen capture with the Screen Capture tool of H&M. But I cannot find out how to include the cursor. I have enabled the option "Include cursor". Then I click "Start", must draw the area and then must press Ctrl and click to capture. I do it by placing the cursor inside the area but no cursor is included in the resulting screenshot. By the way, I don't understand why we select a hotkey in the first dialog. This key doesn't seem to be used. It seems that I have missed something here... and the help didn't help...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Screen Capture: include cursor option

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Caroline,

To insert the cursor you need to use the CTRL+Click option to create the capture. Then the cursor will be inserted at the point where you click. This is also explained in the tip displayed when you hover over the Capture button shown at the top of the screen. The hotkey is only used in the Screencast capture mode. It allows you to create an additional slide for the screencast without clicking with the mouse.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
BjoernThiele

Unread post by BjoernThiele »

Hi Tim,
I'm having the same issue. I try to get screenshots with the cursor visible on them. Ctrl+click does not do the trick.
best regards
Björn
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

BjoernThiele wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:42 pm I'm having the same issue. I try to get screenshots with the cursor visible on them. Ctrl+click does not do the trick.
You're probably using a multi-monitor system and not making your screenshot on the primary monitor. Some graphics cards only provide the necessary information for capturing the cursor on the primary. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
BjoernThiele

Unread post by BjoernThiele »

Thanks, Tim! On primary screen it does work. Wouldn't have thought of that.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hello Bjoern,

This is a bug. We will address the problem with version 8.5.

Pre-release Download:
https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v850.exe
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH