Sort shortcut keys so they work as expected

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Darren Rose

Sort shortcut keys so they work as expected

Unread post by Darren Rose »

Please, please, please can we sort H&M so that common shortcut keys work - this is something I have asked before but still miss it

For example, just about any app I can think of will exit if you press ALT + F to bring up File menu and then press X - and it has been this way with most apps since time began

But with H&M and HelpXplain it doesn't work as for some reason the shortcut key in the File menu shows Y3 as the shortcut key for Close???!?!

2020-11-25_21-03-43.png

Surely I can't be the only person to think that certain shortcut keys should be available and common across all apps? I have just sat here and opened 27 different apps on my start menu and every single one of them worked as expected......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Sort shortcut keys so they work as expected

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Darren,

From the developers: HM7 still hat the Exit command but it was removed in HM8 to make the file menu less cluttered. Close is actually a different command (closes the project/s). We're going to check through all the default projects, but it's important to know that they are also language-dependent, which complicates matters. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Darren Rose

Re: Sort shortcut keys so they work as expected

Unread post by Darren Rose »

Okay, but surely plenty of space on most screens to have Exit still in the File menu - with correct shortcut key..... can't see how one thing will make it cluttered

Just so much easier sometimes to use shortcut keys for common operations, and especially for things like open, save and exit all apps should have same default keys
2020-11-26_13-48-01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.