Search results show breadcrumbs instead of just topic title

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

QW Cat Ward

Search results show breadcrumbs instead of just topic title

Unread post by QW Cat Ward »

When using a customized skin for WebHelp, the search results end up showing a breadcrumb path for the topic title, rather than just the title itself. If I use one of the non-modified premium pack skins, this doesn't happen. For the life of me I can't figure out what setting is causing this. We took a fair amount of time modifying the look & feel of our skin so I'd hate to have to start all over with one of the premium pack skins to make all those changes again if it is just a simple setting somewhere that I am missing.

(I also can't figure out how to get the results per page defaults to change but that's a different issue for a different day)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search results show breadcrumbs instead of just topic title

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi "QW",

This probably means that you have changed something in your HTML page template that is causing the Zoom search indexer to include the entire search header in the sample text. The first thing I would check here would be the position of your <!--ZOOMRESTART--> and <!--ZOOMSTOP--> directives, which should be directly before and after the topic text variable, like this:

Code: Select all

<!--ZOOMRESTART-->
<%TOPIC_TEXT%>
<!--ZOOMSTOP-->
You should also check all the CSS settings for the search results in the search page template in your skin, comparing them to those in the original, unchanged skin you have based yours on. Comparing with a Premium Pack skin won't help here, because the entire structure there is completely different to the standard skins included with Help+Manual.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.