Insert HelpXplain dialog

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ted Carlson

Insert HelpXplain dialog

Unread post by Ted Carlson »

Is there a way to set default values for the "Insert HelpXplain" dialog that appears when you put one into a hmxp project page ? For instance, I would like to set the Display Options -> Variable Size Width value to 80% instead of 50%, and the Add Play Button set to unchecked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Insert HelpXplain dialog

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ted,

At the moment there is no "memory" for your insert HX settings, even in the current session. I'm going to mention this to our developers, because a lot of HM dialogs do actually remember your current insertion settings for objects during the current session.

However, what you can do is simply copy and paste the last HX you inserted, or even save it as a snippet file (select it in the editor, then select File > Save as Snippet in the Project > Manage Topics). Then you can insert it with those settings and just click on the [..] browse button in the dialog to change the HX project you want to insert.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ted Carlson

Unread post by Ted Carlson »

Tim,
Thanks for the fast reply. The "memory" would be most useful. As for the snippet, thank you for the suggestion. It didn't even occur to me to try it that way.

Ted
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ted,

This has now been added. The Media Tool dialogs will remember your settings for the current session, so that you can go on using the same settings when you insert multiple media objects. You can get the prerelease of 8.4 including this change here if you want to use it right away:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v840.exe
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.