Project no longer sees images including toggle icons

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Elissa Miller

Project no longer sees images including toggle icons

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

A few months ago, I updated a large help set, and I exported it as WebHelp and it was fine. I've made no changes to the location of the project, the skin and all the supporting files.

Today, I went in for the first time in a while to export some topics to Word. The export threw up the Red Bar of Failure almost immediately so I looked at the individual help topics. Every single graphic including the toggle + character is broken.

I can manually fix it by double-clicking the image placeholder -- once you get into the finder, it "sees" the image in the directory and all I have to do is click Open. (I don't need to navigate to the image.)

Is there a systemic fix for this? I just had surgery on my right hand and I don't want to spend a morning painstakingly clicking every single toggle and every single image -- that's inefficient and, quite literally, painful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--Elissa Miller
Elissa Miller

Re: Project no longer sees images including toggle icons

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

Well, never mind.

I helped it "find" a missing image, then I saved and closed. When I opened the project again, voila, it had all its images again.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Project no longer sees images including toggle icons

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Elissa,

This worked because you forced Help+Manual to find the current location of the images folder. Have a look here to learn how this works and how to manage your project images efficiently:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_worki ... aging.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.