autoplay on and off

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bob Brink

autoplay on and off

Unread post by Bob Brink »

Hi,

I may be trying to do something that is not yet possible? I want to have ability to turn autoplay on and off in-between some groups of slides. For example here is what I want...

Side 1 does not come up via auto-play, it is loaded when user clicks a button on the webpage. A object on slide 1 calls slide 2. Slide 2 comes up and autoplays slide 3 and 4, with a 1 second delay between slides. Slide 4 is back to user clicking object to move to slide 5...

Is this possible and if so, how?

Currently if my project has autoplay enabled it seems to trump transition autoplay settings on individual slides. So I have been able to have all slides autoplay, or none. Do I have to leave autopplay ON and set "show for" to 20 seconds, instead of trying to set auto-play off?

Thank you in advance,

Bob
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: autoplay on and off

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bob,

Autoplay will start as soon as the user clicks the regular Play button, or when you attach a Play command to the click action of any element. You can stop autoplay at any slide with the slide's own stop autoplay property. To access that, select the slide in the slide list, then look in the Slide Properties bar on the right and activate the checkbox for "Stop AutoPlay at this slide".
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bob Brink

Re: autoplay on and off

Unread post by Bob Brink »

Excellent, thank you!