Custom Javascript Not Showing up in WebHelp

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DNH

Custom Javascript Not Showing up in WebHelp

Unread post by DNH »

Hello,

I am trying to insert a Javascript into my help file (in H&M 7.5.4) that will record the page clicks, etc. on Crazy Egg. I put the script right above the closing header tag of my WebHelp's skin file, but it doesn't show up in the compiled html pages. See below (I removed the actual script file name for privacy):

<script id="jqscript" type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript" src="//script.crazyegg.com/pages/scripts/xxxx/xxxx.js" async="async" ></script>
</head>

I noticed that if I comment out the script above (as a test), Crazy Egg script WILL show up in the WebHelp html pages, but obviously that causes other problems.

<!--<script id="jqscript" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//script.crazyegg.com/pages/scripts/xxxx/xxxx.js" async="async" ></script>
</head>

Any ideas how I can have both scripts in my compiled WebHelp files?

Let me know if you have any ideas.
Dave
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Custom Javascript Not Showing up in WebHelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

You didn't mention which skin you are using, but I can see that it is a Premium Pack skin. Your problem here is probably that you are putting it too close to the script references that get dynamically updated. Instead, try putting it down at the bottom of the page, directly before the closing </body> tag.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.