Prem. Pack 3.35 + H&M 8.1 - table classes

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Prem. Pack 3.35 + H&M 8.1 - table classes

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

I've been using H&M 8.1 for a while but only recently started a project using PP 3.35 skins with it.

In prior projects on H&M 7.x I used the "phone" and "desk_tablet" table classes to cause specific tables to be shown/not shown on phones or desktop/tablet browsers.

But now the "phone" table class is not working for me: I tried my output on both Vivaldi and Chrome browsers on an Android phone, and none of the "phone" class tables are displayed.

Solutions?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Prem. Pack 3.35 + H&M 8.1 - table classes

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

Check the hmwebhelp_main_phone.css file in your skin and look for the General section. It should look like this:

Code: Select all

/* General */
.desktop {
	display: none !important;
	}
.tablet {
}
.desk_tablet {
	}
.noscript { 
	}
.scripted {

}
.phone {

}
Also: When you view the WebHelp on the phone browsers, do you get the proper phone style display? Or are you getting a scrunched up version of the desktop display? That would mean that the phone device is not being recognized correctly, which would explain it. I have never used Vivaldi, but it would be very unusual for that to happen on Chrome, and that would indicate damage to the skin. If that is the case you should try an unedited version of the skin you are using to see if the same thing happens.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Re: Prem. Pack 3.35 + H&M 8.1 - table classes

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Tim,

It turns out I was tricked by having forgotten a solution you provided a year ago (for a different skin than I'm using right now)...

viewtopic.php?p=70905&sid=12d97f7fe819b ... fea#p70905

Thanks for your help...both times<g>.