The "There are unsolved conflicts on TOC in project" error

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Aleksandr Alekseev

The "There are unsolved conflicts on TOC in project" error

Unread post by Aleksandr Alekseev »

I could not google the following error message:

[Window Title]
Help & Manual

[Content]
There are unsolved conflicts on TOC in project "SomeProject.hmxp"! The project has not been saved yet.

[OK]

Does anyone have any idea what does it mean and how to solve it? It appears when I try to save the project after some changes (added few topics, wrote some text). However, I can't find what is wrong with the project.

The wording suggests that it has something to do with version control system, but I am 100% sure that it has nothing to do with VCS:
1. While we do use SVN, I am the only person working on the help, e.g. there were no commits. And on top of that - I am 100% sure that I did not invoke "SVN update" in the middle of working with the help file. 
2. I also verified that files date/times are from the last help file save. 
3. I also tried to use the H&M's "Refresh project" command, but it did not change anything.

When I first encountered this issue, I was able to solve it by simply renaming topics with "changed" status. It was like 5 of them, so it was not a problem. However, now this issue happened again, but there are tens of changed topics! 

Is there any way to determinate what exactly H&M does not like? Or, perhaps, there is a way to save a particular topic only?
Aleksandr Alekseev

Re: The "There are unsolved conflicts on TOC in project" error

Unread post by Aleksandr Alekseev »

I even tried to delete all files from disk (including EurekaLog.hmxp file, Maps\table_of_contents.xml file, and all topics except open/loaded ones), but this does not change the behaviour.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: The "There are unsolved conflicts on TOC in project" error

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Aleksandr,

As I explained in our email discussion of this, it sounds as though your SVN system has gotten corrupted or confused. Rather than trying to fix it, it would be better to simply start fresh since you do have your entire project locally.
  1. Select Save As... in the File menu to save a non-versioned copy in a new, empty folder.
  2. Check whether you can see your images in your topics in the new copy. If not, go to Configuration > Common Properties > Project Search Path and update your search path references to the image folder(s) for the new location. Ideally, your image folders should be inside your project folder. Then you can move them with the project without having to change anything. See here for details on managing this.
  3. Load your new copy into a fresh SVN repository.
This will give you a fresh start and you can then start syncing systematically before and after work. Have a nice weekend!
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.