Hide Help Title in Header

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DNH

Hide Help Title in Header

Unread post by DNH »

Hello,

I am editing the Modern_Standard_WebHelp.hmskin 4.4 skin. Is there a way to hide the help title text, from Common Properties > Title & Copyright in outputted web help? I have tried everything from changing the Project Title in the Toolbox Project Settings, manually editing the HTML in the HM project, to deleting the content in the help title field. The later just leaves a blank space that is visible.
hidehelptitle.jpg
I ask because we may use a logo in the header in the new skin, and we don't want the title here.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hide Help Title in Header

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

The header box code is in the HM_HEADERBOX.html file in the Baggage. The title is in this line:

Code: Select all

<div id="headerwrapper"><h1 class="page_header" id="hm_pageheader"><%TITLE%></h1></div>
Theoretically you could delete the h1 title tag, but it would be better to just disable it with CSS, as you can then enable it later if you need it (don't delete or change the wrapper tag around it). For that, open the hmwebhelp_main_desktop.css and hmwebhelp_main_tablet.css files and locate the definition starting with this line:

h1.page_header {
add the line display: none; at the beginning of the definition, like so:

h1.page_header {
	display: none;
The phone layout is completely different, so you shouldn't use this edit for that.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DNH

Unread post by DNH »

Hi Tim,

As usual, thanks for the great and prompt support. That fixed it! Finally! I didn't think it was in that baggage file because it is set to "None", but commenting out the title works. :vconfused:

Dave
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

DNH wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:09 am I didn't think it was in that baggage file because it is set to "None", but commenting out the title works. :vconfused:
The files set to "None" are merged into the pages via the templates on publishing. They are set to none because you don't want to waste bandwidth by uploading them to your web server. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.