Cannot publish to Word

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sandra Derrick

Cannot publish to Word

Unread post by Sandra Derrick »

I have a project that I can publish to pdf or chm but if I publish to Word I get the table of contents ands nothing else. Please help.

The project that will not publish to Word is also part of a modular project. If I try to delete the child project from the modular project I get a message saying

Your selection includes different types of entries. Please select entries of the same type only.

I am just selecting the child project.
Sandra Derrick

Re: Cannot publish to Word

Unread post by Sandra Derrick »

Solved the problem - turns out it will not publish to Word if there is a table within a table.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Cannot publish to Word

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sandra,
Sandra Derrick wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:16 pm Solved the problem - turns out it will not publish to Word if there is a table within a table.
That definitely shouldn't prevent you from publishing to Word. Nested tables are fully supported. Check out whether the tables all have the ability to break to the next page activated in their settings. If they don't that could conceivably be preventing the export from proceeding at that point, although even that shouldn't happen.

We'd very much like to see a demo project that can reproduce this problem, to see whether the current version of Help+Manual is also affected. (I'm assuming you're using version 7, since you're posting in the HM7 section.) You can send it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @), either zipped up or as a download link.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.