Adobe PDF: Table of contents (toc) including topic subheadings "_atoc_".

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ThomasSch

Adobe PDF: Table of contents (toc) including topic subheadings "_atoc_".

Unread post by ThomasSch »

status quo:
In the output format "Adobe PDF" the topics are taken over as entries.

What I would like to achieve:
I would like to additionally take over the headings within the Topic, which were labelled as such via the strings "_atoc_" as well as "_atocs_", into the table of contents as well. Is this possible?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Adobe PDF: Table of contents (toc) including topic subheadings "_atoc_".

Unread post by Tim Green »

ThomasSch wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 pm What I would like to achieve:
I would like to additionally take over the headings within the Topic, which were labelled as such via the strings "_atoc_" as well as "_atocs_", into the table of contents as well. Is this possible?
You can achieve this, but you need to make TOC entries for them as well. The best way to do this is with an additional TOC for PDF only. Then you can add anchors and TOC entries that will then show up in the TOC in PDF:
  1. Create a new TOC as a full copy of the original one.
  2. Enter a named anchor for every heading in the topic that you want to put in the TOC.
  3. Use the Add Topic tool to create new TOC entry for these headings, using the "TOC Link" option on the left. Choose Link to a topic in this project, select the ID of the topic from the list, and then choose the anchor for the heading from the Topic Anchor: list at the bottom of the dialog
These TOC entries will then appear in the PDF TOC, and they will also have corresponding headings in the body of the TOC.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
ThomasSch

Re: Adobe PDF: Table of contents (toc) including topic subheadings "_atoc_".

Unread post by ThomasSch »

Thank you, it has worked