HM Translation Assistant Beta

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

HM Translation Assistant Beta

Unread post by Tim Green »

We just released the first beta version of the new Help+Manual Translation Assistant. You can learn about it and register to participate in the beta program here:

Help+Manual Translation Assistant Beta Test
HMTA_3PaneSmall.png
HMTA_3PaneSmall.png (253.95 KiB) Viewed 116013 times

With DeepL AI bulk machine translation for entire topics and projects

This powerful new tool integrates DeepL AI machine translation with support for bulk translation between 24 languages, allowing you to translate entire projects in a couple of minutes. This is combined with a synchronized 3-pane side-by-side comparison and WYSIWYG editor.

It compares the old and new versions of the original project and shows you the differences side by side with the old translation for fast updates. The results are so good that you can expect to reduce your translation costs and time by over 90%.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kevin Stamp - PSM

Re: HM Translation Assistant Beta

Unread post by Kevin Stamp - PSM »

Regarding the Glossary:
The 'do not translate this' function is easy to set up.
I was/am hoping, also, for the function to 'always translate this word' to this 'word'. For example, a Plane in my documentation should ALWAYS translate as Ebene and never as 'Flugzeug'. Is that functionality available, and I am somehow missing it, or will it be available in HMTA.
Thank you.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Kevin,
For example, a Plane in my documentation should ALWAYS translate as Ebene and never as 'Flugzeug'.
This function is already available with the implementation of the DeepL API Glossaries, which give you glossaries managed via the DeepL server instead of locally, so that the translations are integrated in the AI processing of the text.

First please re-download and install to make sure that you have the latest version. Then activate the DeepL plugin display, select the API Glossary tab and then New to create a new glossary. There, select the language pair and translation direction for the glossary (not all possible pairs are yet supported as this function is still in beta) and enter your word pairs with a tab character between the original (left) and the translation (right).
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kevin Stamp - PSM

Hi, I am still missing something. It has been some months since your original reply, which I thank you for. I have just installed H&M 8.5. 5980, and DeepL again.
When I add the DeepL Translation Assistant and select the Glossary tab, there (still) isn't a Language Pair option. It appears exactly as per your help in the topic 'Multi-user Editing & Translation > Translating your Projects > Machine translation with DeepL'. I have regenerated my DeepL API key, and entered it on the Glossary About tab. Can you tell me what I am still doing wrong? Thank you.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Kevin,
Kevin Stamp - PSM wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:40 am When I add the DeepL Translation Assistant and select the Glossary tab, there (still) isn't a Language Pair option. It appears exactly as per your help in the topic 'Multi-user Editing & Translation > Translating your Projects > Machine translation with DeepL'.
You have misunderstood something here: Help+Manual Translation Assistant is not part of Help+Manual itself. It is a separate program that is still in the beta phase. You need to sign up for the beta test program here to get access to it:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/news/2022 ... beta-test/

There is a link at the bottom of the posting for signing up. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Kevin Stamp - PSM

Ah! I read everything, but not the title of the Topic! I have now registered my interest in the Beta for HM Translation Assistant. Thank you again...