Word wrap in ToC entries?

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between

Code: Select all

and 
tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

antimuon

Word wrap in ToC entries?

Unread post by antimuon »

Is there a way to make ToC entries word wrap in a print template? I haven't found any option for this. If there are longer topic headers they currently run straight over the right margin in the ToC of an exported PDF.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Word wrap in ToC entries?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Anti,
Is there a way to make ToC entries word wrap in a print template? I haven't found any option for this. If there are longer topic headers they currently run straight over the right margin in the ToC of an exported PDF.
When editing the PDF template in Manual Designer, select the Table of Contents section. Then double-click on the text object containing the heading variable and deselect the Word Wrap checkbox. Also make sure that the anchors are set to Left, Top and Right, but NOT Bottom.

For full details on how to access and edit PDF templates, start here:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_worki ... t_pdf.html
https://helpandmanual.com/help/hm_working_pdf.html

In Manual Designer you can press F1 for the documentation, which includes full instructions and some tutorials.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.